Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migration assistant

I juat bought a macbook air and try to use migration assistant from mac book pro 15 2010. The process was ok but i can't access my account with my password. How to deal with it?

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 10:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 10:46 AM

Hey Peppe99,

It sounds like you have some concerns with signing in on your MacBook Air.

Just to confirm, the Migration Assistant process is complete and you're just unable to sign into services like the App Store and iCloud? If so, make sure that the issue isn't with the Apple ID and that you can sign in successfully with both the Apple ID and password here: Manage your Apple ID - Apple. This will rule out any issues being with the account. If you're not able to log in, follow the prompts to reset your password again.

After signing in successfully, you'll want to sign out of iTunes and then sign in again with the correct Apple ID and password. Here's the steps for this under "iTunes Store, Books Store, and App Store": What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support.

If you're experiencing something else, let us know exactly where you're signing in and any error messages that you receive.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2021 10:46 AM in response to Peppe99

Hey Peppe99,

It sounds like you have some concerns with signing in on your MacBook Air.

Just to confirm, the Migration Assistant process is complete and you're just unable to sign into services like the App Store and iCloud? If so, make sure that the issue isn't with the Apple ID and that you can sign in successfully with both the Apple ID and password here: Manage your Apple ID - Apple. This will rule out any issues being with the account. If you're not able to log in, follow the prompts to reset your password again.

After signing in successfully, you'll want to sign out of iTunes and then sign in again with the correct Apple ID and password. Here's the steps for this under "iTunes Store, Books Store, and App Store": What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support.

If you're experiencing something else, let us know exactly where you're signing in and any error messages that you receive.

Cheers!

Migration assistant

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.