Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off closed captioning?

I can't turn off closed captioning. The advice I've read isn't helpful. Under settings, I don't have the option to get rid of them.

FireTVStick(Gen2),

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 2:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 2:46 PM

Either there is an on|off setting in the in-app Settings (sprockets wheel icon) of the Apple TV app,

or the app will follow the general device settings for that by default (depends on device).

During playback you may override the default by accessing the Info pane (press Down), then navigating to Subtitles, and set it to Off instead of any of the subtitles languages. Change subtitles or languages for videos in the Apple TV app or iTunes Store - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2021 2:46 PM in response to annepaule

Either there is an on|off setting in the in-app Settings (sprockets wheel icon) of the Apple TV app,

or the app will follow the general device settings for that by default (depends on device).

During playback you may override the default by accessing the Info pane (press Down), then navigating to Subtitles, and set it to Off instead of any of the subtitles languages. Change subtitles or languages for videos in the Apple TV app or iTunes Store - Apple Support

How do I turn off closed captioning?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.