Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Bookmarks

Can you delete bookmarks in mass that are not in folders?

iMac 27″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 3:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 3:58 PM

if they are adjacent to each other, yes. open your sidebar, hover over the site at the bottom of the list. hold the shift key and click your mouse. then, while still holding the shift key, hover over the site at the top of the list and click your mouse. then you can release the shift key. you should then have a group of bookmarks that are highlighted. click your delete key and they will disappear.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2021 3:58 PM in response to Bruce Baum

if they are adjacent to each other, yes. open your sidebar, hover over the site at the bottom of the list. hold the shift key and click your mouse. then, while still holding the shift key, hover over the site at the top of the list and click your mouse. then you can release the shift key. you should then have a group of bookmarks that are highlighted. click your delete key and they will disappear.

Jul 25, 2021 4:35 PM in response to Bruce Baum

i just tested that. i could not delete anything from the HTML bookmarks list. so what you would need to do to accomplish having only the selected portion of the list imported, would be to open the HTML file and click each individual site, opening the page, and add a bookmark for each one site by site. or you could import the entire list, which will appear in it's own folder, and delete the ones you originally wanted to exclude from the imported list. either way, your existing bookmarks will not be affected. i'm going to keep following this thread incase someone knows of an easier way to do that. :)

Safari Bookmarks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.