Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation lock

So I bought this iPhone an it has activation lock on an I can’t get hold person who sold to me what can I do

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 5:35 PM

5 replies

Jul 25, 2021 6:56 PM in response to Andreajuarez

Andreajuarez Said:

"Activation lock: So I bought this iPhone an it has activation lock on an I can’t get hold person who sold to me what can I do"

-------

Take this as a Learning Experience:

When you purchase an item - you can do so either anew or used. If you go about purchasing a used one, do so in-person. Have the seller go here: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. When proceeding with the purchase, request that the seller allows you to log in and assign it to your own Apple Account. If the seller decides to dis-abide by those rules you've set forth, then do not proceed with the transaction. In all, it seems like a Scam to me, though a full assumption on my, part.

Also...

Where was this Purchased?

A. Online?:

If this was purchased online (i.e. eBay) then contact the site, seeing if the seller can be held accountable and if you can get your money back.

Or...

B. In-Person?:

If this as purchased in person, then there may be nothing you can do but contact them, asking for your money back.

Or...

C. At a Retailer?:

If purchased at a retailer, take it back, asking what your options are for return. Return policies vary by rules of law. So, take to the Store Manager, requesting the return.

Activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.