Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur - Mail - Where is my common bin ?

I have a mix of iCloud and Gmail accounts running and the new layout is absolutely rubbish - there is still the "On My Mac" bin but even if I point my Gmail towards it, it still creates it's own bin under "On My Mac" - I used to be able to have a common bin to empty everything in the Catalina version.

Is there a solution, or way to roll back the Mail program to the prior version ?

iMac Pro, macOS 11.5

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 7:35 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

Jul 29, 2021 11:44 AM in response to aussiemediaguy

aussiemediaguy, 

Got it, you mean the trash/deleted folder, we apologize for missing that.

Please do this:

To the right of Favorites in the side bar click the plus sign. You'll see a field that says, 'Mailbox to Add', in there choose All Trash then click OK. Now under Favorites you'll see an option for All Trash which, when clicked on, will show a combination of all messages that are in the separate trash folders in your Mail app. There will also be an arrow to the left of All Trash that you can use to see each account's folder individually if you prefer.

Thanks.

Jul 26, 2021 1:45 PM in response to aussiemediaguy

Good day to you aussiemediaguy, 

It sounds to us like you’re looking for a listing for All Inboxes that typically appears under the Favorites heading in the Mail app. Do we have that right? Even though each email account would still have their own inbox, all messages would appear together in one place. 

If so, this article in the macOS Mail User Guide can help get that all set up: Use favorite mailboxes in Mail on Mac

Thanks. 

Big Sur - Mail - Where is my common bin ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.