Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printer Software

How can I switch my HP LaserJet 1018 Printer to "Apple Ready" from "Idle" after I installed the HP software disc in my Apple Mac Air Catalina computer?

MacBook Air 13″, 10.15

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 1:39 PM

Hello,

The HP LaserJet 1018 is not supported for Mac, but HP LaserJet 1022 is. You could perhaps begin by resetting the printing system (see link below) and re-adding the printer. Check whether the operating system suggests a suitable driver. If necessary, you may want to try an HP LaserJet 1022 (1.6.1) from the (Post Date:Dec 11, 2020) HP Printer Drivers v5.1 for macOS package at https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1888?locale=en_US ? Choose the 1022 driver in the Use: field when adding. Look upon this as an experiment. It may not work with your computer and macOS Catalina. Make sure that you have backup copies of important files (documents, photos, et cetera) before carrying out any tests.

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2021 1:39 PM in response to APO172

Hello,

The HP LaserJet 1018 is not supported for Mac, but HP LaserJet 1022 is. You could perhaps begin by resetting the printing system (see link below) and re-adding the printer. Check whether the operating system suggests a suitable driver. If necessary, you may want to try an HP LaserJet 1022 (1.6.1) from the (Post Date:Dec 11, 2020) HP Printer Drivers v5.1 for macOS package at https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1888?locale=en_US ? Choose the 1022 driver in the Use: field when adding. Look upon this as an experiment. It may not work with your computer and macOS Catalina. Make sure that you have backup copies of important files (documents, photos, et cetera) before carrying out any tests.

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

Printer Software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.