Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bookmarks/Reading List/History bar

How do I get rid of the Bookmarks/Reading List/History bar? I am not able to find a toolbar to use, and when I click on the book icon, nothing happens.

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 9:08 AM

I’m not sure which Apple product you’re using Safari on.

On iPadOS (the highlighted icon is similar on iPhone, but works a little differently) the following shows or hides the bookmarks:

If that’s not toggling the view, try force-quitting and restarting Safari >

If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support

With Safari on macOS, the following instructions show how to show or hide the bookmarks >

Bookmark webpages that you want to revisit in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

If you’re in Safari on macOS and using Safari in full-screen mode, best keep the pointer away from the left margin.

If Safari is confused, try quitting and restarting Safari, and see if that clears this.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2021 9:08 AM in response to Caroleesther

I’m not sure which Apple product you’re using Safari on.

On iPadOS (the highlighted icon is similar on iPhone, but works a little differently) the following shows or hides the bookmarks:

If that’s not toggling the view, try force-quitting and restarting Safari >

If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support

With Safari on macOS, the following instructions show how to show or hide the bookmarks >

Bookmark webpages that you want to revisit in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

If you’re in Safari on macOS and using Safari in full-screen mode, best keep the pointer away from the left margin.

If Safari is confused, try quitting and restarting Safari, and see if that clears this.

Bookmarks/Reading List/History bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.