Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i get the activation lock off my iphone without having full access to all settings

cant get passed activation lock

iPhone 7

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 6:12 PM

Has nothing to do with full settings access. To disable or continue past the activation Lock Screen, you MUST know the AppleID and the password for that AppleID. No reset, restore as new with iTunes or finder, erase all content and settings on the device, etc will disable activation lock. The one and the only way to get activation lock disabled requires knowing the AppleID password.

Erasing or restoring a device does not disable activation lock. Entering the AppleID password will still be required with activation lock on an erased or restored as new device.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2021 6:12 PM in response to essence169

Has nothing to do with full settings access. To disable or continue past the activation Lock Screen, you MUST know the AppleID and the password for that AppleID. No reset, restore as new with iTunes or finder, erase all content and settings on the device, etc will disable activation lock. The one and the only way to get activation lock disabled requires knowing the AppleID password.

Erasing or restoring a device does not disable activation lock. Entering the AppleID password will still be required with activation lock on an erased or restored as new device.

how do i get the activation lock off my iphone without having full access to all settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.