Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID in one country and Credit card from another country

Can I have my Apple ID in one country (USA), Apple Account Balance purchased through gift cards in USA and add an international credit card? It's not allowing me to change the billing address of the card without changing the country of the Apple ID, which will disable the credit I have on my Apple Account.

iPhone 11

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 12:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 3:26 PM

From: Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID; click here --> https://support.apple.com/HT202631

"Make sure that the billing address for your payment method matches the billing address for your Apple ID. In some cases, you might need to call your bank or financial institution to authorize international or online purchases. You might also need to confirm that the mobile number associated with your payment method is correct."

You apparently can use a card issued in a different country but it has to be billed to you at an address that is in the country to which your iTunes and App Stores are set. This requirement makes it difficult to use a card from a different country.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2021 3:26 PM in response to katy_ab

From: Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID; click here --> https://support.apple.com/HT202631

"Make sure that the billing address for your payment method matches the billing address for your Apple ID. In some cases, you might need to call your bank or financial institution to authorize international or online purchases. You might also need to confirm that the mobile number associated with your payment method is correct."

You apparently can use a card issued in a different country but it has to be billed to you at an address that is in the country to which your iTunes and App Stores are set. This requirement makes it difficult to use a card from a different country.

Apple ID in one country and Credit card from another country

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.