Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound options not showing up

For some reason after like 5 days or so, my MacBook for some reason doesn't show the different options for output and input. It keeps showing me "No input/output device found". I first thought that my headphones weren't connected but when I clicked on the sound icon on top, it showed me all the different output options. Also, my headphone is also receiving sound as whenever I go to apps like "Microsoft teams" or "Spotify", I could hear sound. Usually, I restart my system but that is a real pain to do it like every 5 to 6 days. Below I be attaching screenshots of this issue as well. Thank you

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 4:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 4:47 PM

Boot into Safe Mode according to Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support and see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and check again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2021 4:47 PM in response to Jojo1912

Boot into Safe Mode according to Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support and see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and check again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

Sound options not showing up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.