Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot my master password on MacBook Air

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 4:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 4:43 PM

Palm650 Said:

"I forgot my master password on MacBook Air"

-------

Please Clarify:

What to you mean by "master password"? If it you are to able to log in to your Mac, then go here: If you Forgot your Mac Login Password - Apple Support

5 replies

Jul 27, 2021 5:52 AM in response to Palm650

Palm650 Said:

"I forgot my master password on MacBook Air"

-------

Q1."Thank you very much for trying to help me. Luckily it turns out that I am even bigger idiot than I thought.

My wife told me my password and everything is OK now."

You are welcome.

A1. IMO, it's wise not to tell anyone your password, unless you're memory a little off. So, I recommend not sharing it with anyone whomsoever. Just keep a handwritten, hardcopy of it, stored in a location that only you are aware of, and only you have access to.

Q2. "While in hear, may I ask you another question? The password that I forgot I changed yesterday, and I remember the old password. While I was trying to restore my password, at some point, there was an option 'Go back in time' or something. If I use it would I be able to use my old password, that I remember?"

A2. You can use an old password, but if someone knows it (or if you suspect someone does), then move forward with a new password.

Some Sites that May Help:

Jul 26, 2021 5:31 PM in response to TheLittles

Thank you very much for trying to help me. Luckily it turns out that I am even bigger idiot than I thought.

My wife told me my password and everything is OK now.

Thank you, again.

While in hear, may I ask you another question? The password that I forgot I changed yesterday, and I remember the old password. While I was trying to restore my password, at some point, there was an option "Go back in time" or something. If I use it would I be able to use my old password, that I remember?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.