Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud backups are using 4.3 GB but there aren't any.

iCloud says my backups are using 4.3 GB and storage is almost full. But I have zero backups from any device and there are none for me to delete.

How can I free up this space?

iPhone 11

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 7:15 PM

3 replies

Jul 27, 2021 1:33 PM in response to c-murray

Hi c-murray,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having an issue with iCloud backup data. We're happy to help.

When checking your iOS devices, are you noticing the amount of storage showing is also the next backup size? If so, check out the steps here to delete and turn off the backups to help see if the issue resolves. The guide here can assist: Manage your iCloud storage Specifically the "Manage your iCloud Backup" section.

If the issue continues, try a normal restart of your devices with the backup temporarily off as well.

Restart your iPhone

Restart your iPad

You'll also want to ensure the apps you no longer wish to backup, are toggled off as well. We also recommend checking the storage from a computer and the iCloud website to see if there are any discrepancies.

Cheers!

iCloud backups are using 4.3 GB but there aren't any.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.