Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote control for iPad to watch YouTubeTV

I watch TV on my iPad in my offce, as I do not have a TV. The only downside is that I do not have a remote to change the channels on YouTube TV. Is there any device or app that will let me control the YouTubeTV app on my iPad from across a small room? Either a separate remote or app I could use from my iPhone?

iPad, iOS 8

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 1:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 2:06 AM

To the best of my knowledge - and whilst I would like nothing more than to be able to outline a solution - what you are attempting to achieve is simply not possible.

iOS/iPadOS does not support remote access to one device from another. You can, however, remote control an AppleTV - and use an iPhone or iPad to control the AppleTV that feeds an external monitor or TV. Sadly, given that you don’t have a TV, this isn’t going to help you.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2021 2:06 AM in response to JaimitoJames

To the best of my knowledge - and whilst I would like nothing more than to be able to outline a solution - what you are attempting to achieve is simply not possible.

iOS/iPadOS does not support remote access to one device from another. You can, however, remote control an AppleTV - and use an iPhone or iPad to control the AppleTV that feeds an external monitor or TV. Sadly, given that you don’t have a TV, this isn’t going to help you.

Remote control for iPad to watch YouTubeTV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.