Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to i save data in scenarios where iCloud backup is not turned ON and phone is disabled

how to i save data in scenarios where iCloud backup is not turned ON and phone is disabled

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 6:19 AM

7 replies

Jul 27, 2021 1:03 PM in response to KiltedTim

Well, in this case when you are reminding the responsibility of users to backup the data. Most of the Apple users are unaware of this security feature apple has created. Most of the apple users are losing there data due to lack of information. ( Please don't blame the user on what should be done or what should not be done, rather think of ways where in help the user come out of situation by providing a better services).

1. When Apple has introduced the biometrics it should allow the user to enter it when the phone gets disabled. Like, apple allows initially to use the biometric and when failed the phone gets disabled for a 1 min next time it doesn't allow the user to use the biometric to unlock the phone rather it just gives the passcode option only. what if the user has forgot the passcode as apple has made the user to use biometric and most of the users use there biometric to unlock the phone ( May tend to forget the passcode)

My understanding is apple should allow the user to use at least once or twice to use their biometric when the phone gets disabled( 1min, 5min, 15min, 1hr each time before the iPhone permanently gets disabled). Even in the scenario of disabled state apple should introduce a way wherein user can authenticate using biometric rather than deleting the user data for security reasons. I understand that apple has created these features when the phone is stolen/lost, to secure the users personal data. But, i feel apple should consider these scenarios where in user may tend forget the passcode as Apple has introduced the biometrics and apple should remember in this busy world sometimes user can forget the passcode. I believe that apple is providing best of the best services to there apple users then why not cover the scenarios to help the apple users with better ways.

2 . Apple has introduced the Biometric but not in all scenarios which sometimes is not an value add. Say like, Whenever a software update happens user should be allowed to use their biometric initially then use passcode rather forcing the user to enter the passcode (even in scenarios of forgotten passcode user can authenticate) The reason of introducing the passcode to the apple earlier versions was to authenticate the user before using their device. When apple has introduced the new versions of authentication like using biometric for the new versions of the device, then why is apple still using the older versions of authenticating. At least it should allow the user to use the biometric initially then use of Passcode.

3 . Apple has introduced a feature of Erase Data from "Findmy" App which is so beneficial for the users who has lost their phones to secure the personal data. But why has not apple added a feature to backup the data to their iCloud account before erasing.

Most of the features apple has introduced considering the worst case but what about the best case scenarios for the apple users.

I do have few more additional details to add-in, I wish some one from apple team connects with me.. I can explain more better "Me and my Family are Apple products lovers" and can add more valuable inputs for apple to provide more better services to the people and be outstanding forever in the market.

Thank you!!!!

Jul 27, 2021 6:55 AM in response to shawazz

There are lots of apple customers who are looking for some solution while the phone is locked or disabled state. Each user would have some data which is precious to them. Apple has provided an option of erasing the data while in lost or theft mode. what about the genuine customer who are unaware of the feature of passcode lock/disabled. People should get a chance of resetting or changing the passcode via iCloud account or via Findmy app or via iTunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.