You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to switch landscape to portrait Apple Air2 Ios 14.6?

My screen doesn't rotate automatically and locked on Landscape view. I want to unlock rotation and so it change when I rotate. My Apple Air 2 iPad. Please advise.

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 12:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 3:29 PM

To enable or disable Screen Rotation, you need to access the Control Centre. Swipe downwards from the top-right corner of the screen - then tap the Screen Rotation lock icon:

Rotate the screen on your iPad - Apple Support

If screen rotation proves to be problem with some Apps - and not others - you need to be aware that not all Apps are coded to operate in both Portrait and Landscape screen modes. Apps that have a fixed screen orientation will always appear in the orientation determined by the App Developer.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 27, 2021 3:29 PM in response to kaushik1955

To enable or disable Screen Rotation, you need to access the Control Centre. Swipe downwards from the top-right corner of the screen - then tap the Screen Rotation lock icon:

Rotate the screen on your iPad - Apple Support

If screen rotation proves to be problem with some Apps - and not others - you need to be aware that not all Apps are coded to operate in both Portrait and Landscape screen modes. Apps that have a fixed screen orientation will always appear in the orientation determined by the App Developer.

How to switch landscape to portrait Apple Air2 Ios 14.6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.