Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn off restriction passcode

Hello,

I need help how to remove or turn off restriction code?

I really not remember the code.

I need to reset my phone but its always need restriction code.

thanks in advance

iPhone 5s, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 3:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 3:55 PM

Since you have iPhone 5s with iOS 12, you can't turn off or reset the restrictions passcode if it has been forgotten. You will have to erase your iPhone using the same instructions for a forgotten passcode. The bad news is you cannot restore your phone from backup once you've restored it, because the restrictions passcode in all iOS version below 13.4 are in the backup. If you use a backup to restore your phone, you'll be right back where you are now.

You can redownload all your apps. If you sync photos, messages, etc., with iCloud, you can turn those services back on once you're signed back in to the phone.

See the directions in this link and remember, you are going to set up the phone as new all over again --> If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

Ps: Since this is going to a painful experience, going forward, please jot your important passwords and passcodes down somewhere safe for future recall so you don't ever have to go through this again.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2021 3:55 PM in response to devy115

Since you have iPhone 5s with iOS 12, you can't turn off or reset the restrictions passcode if it has been forgotten. You will have to erase your iPhone using the same instructions for a forgotten passcode. The bad news is you cannot restore your phone from backup once you've restored it, because the restrictions passcode in all iOS version below 13.4 are in the backup. If you use a backup to restore your phone, you'll be right back where you are now.

You can redownload all your apps. If you sync photos, messages, etc., with iCloud, you can turn those services back on once you're signed back in to the phone.

See the directions in this link and remember, you are going to set up the phone as new all over again --> If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

Ps: Since this is going to a painful experience, going forward, please jot your important passwords and passcodes down somewhere safe for future recall so you don't ever have to go through this again.

Turn off restriction passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.