Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I scan a document using my files app on the iPhone, where does it go?

I scanned a sensitive document and now I can't find it, I feel silly but need help!

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2021 12:59 PM

Hi willweaverwords,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It's our understanding that you're unable to locate a scanned document on your iPhone. We're happy to help.

Is it possible that you scanned the document using Notes instead of Files? In this case the scanned document will be found in the Notes app. Take a look at the following resource for more information: How to scan documents on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2021 12:59 PM in response to willweaverwords

Hi willweaverwords,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It's our understanding that you're unable to locate a scanned document on your iPhone. We're happy to help.

Is it possible that you scanned the document using Notes instead of Files? In this case the scanned document will be found in the Notes app. Take a look at the following resource for more information: How to scan documents on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Have a great day!

When I scan a document using my files app on the iPhone, where does it go?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.