Related Article: What to do before you sell, give away, trade in, or recycle your Mac

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac trade-in

What third party is now handling trade-in evaluations for Apple? I have traded in equipment in the past with Phobio and their return packing instructions were clear. I just initiated another trade-in and there are no packing instructions in the return box. The i-Mac doesn't fit. There is no padding. No instructions regarding peripheral returns. I am hesitant to make a guess as to how to pack up this equipment and have them ding my return value because of it. Has anyone else returned an iMac recently?

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 3:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 10:26 AM

found in another thread: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211120

4 replies

Jul 29, 2021 12:14 PM in response to Keyphan06

good question my first return box arrived damaged and I figured instructions fell out. Replacement box not damaged but still no instructions. Apple Support was clueless. Box inserts appear to be like a super sized version of the box to return an iPhone. Works fine for 5 ounce phone. Doubtful it’s adequate for 20 lb+ 27” iMac. My kit came from some no-name warehouse in the middle of nowhere, TX. Can’t get UPS to tell me the name of the business that sent it. Address Googled and it’s listed as a “freight forwarding company”…. I’m still in possession of the original iMac box with styrofoam, I’m gonna see if that will fit in the return outer box. If not I’m considering giving the old iMac to the kids. They are only giving me 500 bucks anyway.

iMac trade-in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.