Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn off home button vibrate.

My home button has started to make a loud rattling noise every time I press it and since you have to press the home button a lot, this is starting to drive me crazy.

I have tried disabling every haptic setting and turning all vibration off, yet still when I press the home button I get a loud and shrill rattle.

There must be a way to turn off vibration for that button… I can select slow, medium, or fast but I want it OFF !!!

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 28, 2021 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2021 8:57 AM

Hello ChardeeMacDennisFrank,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, your Home Button is making a rattling noise when you press it. We'll do our best to help out.

There is only haptic feedback when you press the Home Button. There is no vibrate setting to disable for the Home Button. The only way to disable haptic feedback is in Settings > Sounds & Haptics, scroll down and deselect the 'System Haptics' option.

If that doesn't solve the issues, then we'd recommend bringing in the iPhone for an inspection. A noise like this sounds related to hardware that would require service to resolve: iPhone Repair and Service

To be prepared for your visit, see: Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service

Locate a service center by selecting your region and searching nearby here: Find Locations

Due to the current conditions around the world, some stores may have limited hours or appointment times. They also may require specific things to visit them (Such as, scheduling an appointment, wearing a mask, calling to check-in, etc.).

Hoping this helps out, take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2021 8:57 AM in response to ChardeeMacDennisFrank

Hello ChardeeMacDennisFrank,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, your Home Button is making a rattling noise when you press it. We'll do our best to help out.

There is only haptic feedback when you press the Home Button. There is no vibrate setting to disable for the Home Button. The only way to disable haptic feedback is in Settings > Sounds & Haptics, scroll down and deselect the 'System Haptics' option.

If that doesn't solve the issues, then we'd recommend bringing in the iPhone for an inspection. A noise like this sounds related to hardware that would require service to resolve: iPhone Repair and Service

To be prepared for your visit, see: Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service

Locate a service center by selecting your region and searching nearby here: Find Locations

Due to the current conditions around the world, some stores may have limited hours or appointment times. They also may require specific things to visit them (Such as, scheduling an appointment, wearing a mask, calling to check-in, etc.).

Hoping this helps out, take care!

Turn off home button vibrate.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.