Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones keep connecting and disconnecting from 2015 iMac running Big Sur 11.5

My Sony WH 1000XM3 headphones (firmware version 4.5.2) are no longer working with my iMac (Late 2015) running Big Sur (11.5). The Bluetooth keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. I do not have Adaptive Sound Control turned on. One time I unpaired and re-paired and that seemed to work. But I can't do that every time. What is the real fix here? It used to work before one of the Big Sur updates. Thanks!

iMac 27″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Jul 28, 2021 11:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2021 11:57 AM

Talk to Sony about this issue. I have the WH-1000XM4 which works perfectly with my M1 mini and macOS 11.5.1. All I have to do is press the power button and the voice says power on, pairing, and it always connects right away. I got these earlier in the Spring around the macOS11.3 timeframe and have not changed the firmware in them, or applied any iPhone configuration changes. They just work. They do not work with my 2014 MacBook Air running macOS 11.5.1. Just never pair.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2021 11:57 AM in response to Noah Lewis

Talk to Sony about this issue. I have the WH-1000XM4 which works perfectly with my M1 mini and macOS 11.5.1. All I have to do is press the power button and the voice says power on, pairing, and it always connects right away. I got these earlier in the Spring around the macOS11.3 timeframe and have not changed the firmware in them, or applied any iPhone configuration changes. They just work. They do not work with my 2014 MacBook Air running macOS 11.5.1. Just never pair.

Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones keep connecting and disconnecting from 2015 iMac running Big Sur 11.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.