Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone battery life

Hi so my question is my iPhone 7+ Battery will be at like 50% or 20% and then shut off automatically when I turn it back on the whole time it will be on 10% basically my question is why does it lie it’s battery and how do I stop that it gets really frustrating

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 28, 2021 5:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2021 6:26 PM

Your phone is 5 years old. Sounds like it's time to invest in a new battery. Batteries ability to hold a charge decline over time. That's true for ALL batteries. See this link to start the process to schedule a battery replacement at your Apple Store Genius Bar --> iPhone Battery Replacement - Official Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2021 6:26 PM in response to tavion112

Your phone is 5 years old. Sounds like it's time to invest in a new battery. Batteries ability to hold a charge decline over time. That's true for ALL batteries. See this link to start the process to schedule a battery replacement at your Apple Store Genius Bar --> iPhone Battery Replacement - Official Apple Support

iPhone battery life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.