Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sleep in watch series 6 and health-app

Information from ”sleep”:

I miss explanations to data from sleep in the health-app. The blue staples have white lines. Does that means I have been out of bed during the night? But if I go to “data” there are far more sleeping periods. I read that apple watch doesn’t register what kind of sleep, for example REM-periods. But can I assume, according to the sleep-periods, that I have been awake or in light sleep between the sleepingperiods? And can the pulse during the night give a hint of how deep my sleep was? 

I was choosing between apple watch and oura ring for sleepdetection, and was told apple watch would give as good information as the oura. But it doesn’t help when I can’t find information about how to interpret the data it gives!

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 7

Posted on Jul 29, 2021 4:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2021 4:27 AM

More info here => Track your sleep with Apple Watch - Apple Support

And here for iPhone => Intro to sleep schedules in Health on iPhone - Apple Support

4 replies

Jul 29, 2021 10:13 AM in response to ckuan

I have read both these manuals an know how to do, but it doesn’t explain the white lines in the staples or what the many sleep-periods each night means, or how, or if, I can figure out how my pulse during the night responds to sleep-periods or different kind of sleep.

Compared to the oura-ring the ring will give me data about periods of for example REM-sleep and inform me about recovery since last trainingsession. If I knew how to interpret different data such as pulse during the night and the many sleep-periods from apple watch I maybe could get the same information from apple watch. Now I only get white lines in the blue staples and several sleep-periods each night and I’m not sure what it means. The manuals doesn’t describe that.

Sleep in watch series 6 and health-app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.