Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

record video from iPhone to Mac over network?

Is it possible to connect an iPhone to a Mac over a network in order to record video? I have my Mac in one room. It's set up with all the monitors and peripherals. In the next room I talk to people from time to time. Some I should videorecord. Moving the Mac into the other room would be a chore. More importantly, all that computer equipment would be distracting. I would much prefer to set my little iPhone up in the middle of the room and record from it.

I have found webpages instructing us on how to connect an iPhone to the Mac with a cable and QuikTime Player. See, e.g., https://eshop.macsales.com/blog/67644-iphone-ipad-record-video-on-mac/. I would like to do the same thing without the cable and over the office network.

I have several videoconferencing applications on both devices. My favorite is Zoom. What's nice about Zoom is that it does operate wirelessly. I think it would work in my proposed set-up.

But I wonder if FaceTime or QuikTime Player would do the same. Doe anyone know?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 29, 2021 7:10 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

record video from iPhone to Mac over network?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.