Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini black screen on working

Hi, my mac mini 2018 released 2020, I've bought AppleCare for it to 2024. I'm using Ugreen adapter for HDMI to DisplayPort. I'm using old HP monitor Z23i.

Sometimes I got black screen, my mac mini still working because I heard sound, sometimes I solved by un-plug and re-plug cable/adapter, but today that solution not worked, I try plug to PC windows and monitor work (I think this problem not cause by adapter/cable), I had to hold power button and power on again and it worked again.

Which problem in my case: cable, adapter or mac mini ?

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 29, 2021 10:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2021 11:24 AM

Hello, volehuy1998.

It's hard to know what the problem is until you take the steps to work it out.

• If you have another cable, start with that. See if it fixes the problem.

• If you can get your hands on another adapter to try, then do that and see if the problem is still there.

• If you can use another monitor for a little while, you can see if that solves the problem.

If none of these eliminates the problem, then the problem would appear to be the mini and a visit to Apple Service would be in order. Apple Repair and Repair Status Check - Official Apple Support

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2021 11:24 AM in response to volehuy1998

Hello, volehuy1998.

It's hard to know what the problem is until you take the steps to work it out.

• If you have another cable, start with that. See if it fixes the problem.

• If you can get your hands on another adapter to try, then do that and see if the problem is still there.

• If you can use another monitor for a little while, you can see if that solves the problem.

If none of these eliminates the problem, then the problem would appear to be the mini and a visit to Apple Service would be in order. Apple Repair and Repair Status Check - Official Apple Support

Mac Mini black screen on working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.