Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur Problems

I upgraded to big sur and many things do not work properly. My speakers are muffled, all of the graphics are washed out, adobe PDF Expert can not see what the words when I search for a phrase, pages find and replace does not work. I want to go back.

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Jul 29, 2021 2:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 5:25 AM

Are you running the latest version of Big Sur? It's 11.5.1.

Also you might try obvious things like restarting your Mac, which can clear up mysterious problems in a surprising percentage. of cases.

SG

2 replies

Jul 30, 2021 5:53 AM in response to SGIII

I was able to clear up everything except my muffled speakers. This started when I upgraded to Big Sur. My wireless headset sound is clear but my speakers... I can not even understand what is being said. I seems like there might be a fix for that. I noticed that I am not the only one with that issue. Thank you for replying to me. The fix was going to 4 different areas of system preferences a tweaking the settings. I guess the settings I had in the previous version transitioned to very strange things in Big Sur. For example I could not even see what I typed in the search box on Adobe pdf expert. My calendar entries were a pale yellow and I could not read them. All of the color throughout the laptop was washed out completely, Find and replace in pages would not work, and then my speakers are completely muffled. These settings had to do with display, contrast and accessibility settings. Thank you again for answering my post.

Big Sur Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.