Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I log in to facebook through my iPhone Facebook application?

why can't I log in to facebook through my iphone facebook application

[Edited by Moderator] 

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 2:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 2:35 AM

Facebook is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here --> App Support or Facebook Help Center | Facebook

10 replies

Aug 17, 2021 1:42 PM in response to iamkrixtine

Not to be the bearer of bad news but after 4 days of not being able to login to Facebook or Facebook messenger app, I watched tons of videos and went through every setting on my iPhone 12 pro. I ended up having to factory reset my phone. I am now able to login to both apps. So I think it’s safe to say it was an iPhone issue and not a Facebook app issue.

Aug 17, 2021 2:03 PM in response to eresk6

eresk6 wrote:

Not to be the bearer of bad news but after 4 days of not being able to login to Facebook or Facebook messenger app, I watched tons of videos and went through every setting on my iPhone 12 pro. I ended up having to factory reset my phone. I am now able to login to both apps. So I think it’s safe to say it was an iPhone issue and not a Facebook app issue.

Probably because, as part of restoring your phone, you deleted the apps and re-installed them. Next time you have an issue with a third-party app, try that before restoring.

Sep 1, 2021 7:01 PM in response to eresk6

Yes, agree. I have the same problem. I have worked in tech support, so have followed all of the usual remedies i.e. rebooting, deleting and reinstalling the [FB & Messenger] apps, resetting network cache etc etc. I can access FB from my iPad and desktop, but for the past two weeks, not from my iPhone. I've backed it up, but am reluctant to do the full factory reset.

So, yes, Apple Support, you need to do better than just fob this legitimate query off by blaming Facebook!!!

What is the correct answer, please?

Sep 1, 2021 7:03 PM in response to SravanKrA

Yes, I agree with @eresk6. I have the same problem. I have worked in tech support, so have followed all of the usual remedies i.e. rebooting, deleting and reinstalling the [FB & Messenger] apps, resetting network cache etc. etc. I can access FB from my iPad and desktop, but for the past two weeks, not from my iPhone. I've backed it up, but am reluctant to do the full factory reset.

So, yes, Apple Support, you need to do better than just fob this legitimate query off by blaming Facebook!!!

What is the correct answer @SravanKrA, please? Thanks in advance.

Why can't I log in to facebook through my iPhone Facebook application?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.