Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to buy an iphone 12 from someone . How can I know that if this mobile is unlocked and not used before?

I want to buy an iphone 12 from someone . How can I know that if this mobile is unlocked.

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 6:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 6:41 AM

This is a user to user support forum, so nobody can check anything for you. And as I said, there is no way to check it. The one and the only way to know if it is activation locked would be to power it on and see if it can be setup with your AppleID. There is no remote or pre-check for activation lock. Activation lock has nothing to do with serial numbers nor IMEI numbers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2021 6:41 AM in response to Pession

This is a user to user support forum, so nobody can check anything for you. And as I said, there is no way to check it. The one and the only way to know if it is activation locked would be to power it on and see if it can be setup with your AppleID. There is no remote or pre-check for activation lock. Activation lock has nothing to do with serial numbers nor IMEI numbers.

I want to buy an iphone 12 from someone . How can I know that if this mobile is unlocked and not used before?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.