Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imessage

i’m normally using imessage on daily basis but some time ago a problem occurred. when i’m in the middle of the conversation sometimes my imessages stop sending even though me and the other person has internet connection. it just doesn’t say delivered at the bottom and after some time it sends as a green text message. it’s sort of annoying especially when i know some of my friends text me imessages and they are delivered to me even if i don’t have the internet, they just shows when once i turn mobile data or wifi on. any ideas / tips how to fix that?

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 2:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 2:50 PM

ppasel12 wrote:

i’m normally using imessage on daily basis but some time ago a problem occurred. when i’m in the middle of the conversation sometimes my imessages stop sending even though me and the other person has internet connection. it just doesn’t say delivered at the bottom and after some time it sends as a green text message. it’s sort of annoying especially when i know some of my friends text me imessages and they are delivered to me even if i don’t have the internet, they just shows when once i turn mobile data or wifi on. any ideas / tips how to fix that?

When imessage is unavailable it will send as a SMS, the reason you or the recipient are in an area with a weak wifi or cellular data connection or have imessage turned off.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2021 2:50 PM in response to ppasel12

ppasel12 wrote:

When imessage is unavailable it will send as a SMS, the reason you or the recipient are in an area with a weak wifi or cellular data connection or have imessage turned off.

imessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.