Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

F13-F19 Keys on M1 iMac?

I just got a new M1 iMac with the extended keyboard. I’ve not been able to find any info on what if anything the F13-F19 keys do. And I don’t see where System Preferences > Keyboard will allow me to program them myself - that would be useful. I really don’t want to resort to a third party app if I can avoid it. What am I missing?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 2:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 2:56 PM

In System Preferences>Keyboard>Shortcuts you will see a number of functions to which keystrokes have been assigned: you can change any of these as in this example:

With the App Shortcuts you can assign or change a keystroke to any menu item in any app:

(These screenshots are from Catalina, so Big Sur might look slightly different but the process is presumably similar).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2021 2:56 PM in response to Midpack4

In System Preferences>Keyboard>Shortcuts you will see a number of functions to which keystrokes have been assigned: you can change any of these as in this example:

With the App Shortcuts you can assign or change a keystroke to any menu item in any app:

(These screenshots are from Catalina, so Big Sur might look slightly different but the process is presumably similar).

F13-F19 Keys on M1 iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.