Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop from MacBook 2020 to iMac 2010?

Is it possible to use the airdrop function from my Macbook/iPhone to my 2010 iMac (OS X Yosemite)?

I can easily airdrop from iPhone to my new MacBook and vice versa but not to my iMac, could you please help me out with a solution?

Also is there a way to always keep airdrop on even when the device is not active/turned on? Thank you.

iMac 21.5″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 5:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 6:23 PM

AirDrop is not an option on a 2010 iMac. See the following from Use AirDrop on your Mac - Apple Support

Make sure that your devices meet these requirements:

• Both devices are within 30 feet (9 meters) of each other and have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on.
    • Each Mac was introduced in 2012 or later (excluding the 2012 Mac Pro) and is using OS X Yosemite or later. To find out, choose Apple menu  > About This Mac. 
    • Each iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is using iOS 7 or later, with Personal Hotspot turned off.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2021 6:23 PM in response to mnguyen95

AirDrop is not an option on a 2010 iMac. See the following from Use AirDrop on your Mac - Apple Support

Make sure that your devices meet these requirements:

• Both devices are within 30 feet (9 meters) of each other and have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on.
    • Each Mac was introduced in 2012 or later (excluding the 2012 Mac Pro) and is using OS X Yosemite or later. To find out, choose Apple menu  > About This Mac. 
    • Each iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is using iOS 7 or later, with Personal Hotspot turned off.

Airdrop from MacBook 2020 to iMac 2010?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.