Related Article: Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone or iPad

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone transfer data but apps are not finishing load

New iPhone - transferred data from old phone - all apps started loading but many still not finished after 9 hours- what do I do now?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 10:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2021 2:51 AM

Stay connected to the internet and continue using the iPhone. Depending on the internet speed all apps will get downloaded from the App Store automatically. Apps don't transfer from iPhone to iPhone, only the app data along with app links to the App Store gets transferred.

Apart from the above following will also not get transferred.

• Content from the iTunes and App Stores or PDFs downloaded directly to Apple Books
  • Content synced from iTunes, like imported MP3s or CDs, videos, books, and photos
  • Data already stored in iCloud, like iCloud Photos, iMessages, and text (SMS) and multimedia (MMS) messages
  • Face ID or Touch ID settings
  • Apple Pay information and settings
  • Apple Mail data
  • Apple Music

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2021 2:51 AM in response to smlocklear

Stay connected to the internet and continue using the iPhone. Depending on the internet speed all apps will get downloaded from the App Store automatically. Apps don't transfer from iPhone to iPhone, only the app data along with app links to the App Store gets transferred.

Apart from the above following will also not get transferred.

• Content from the iTunes and App Stores or PDFs downloaded directly to Apple Books
  • Content synced from iTunes, like imported MP3s or CDs, videos, books, and photos
  • Data already stored in iCloud, like iCloud Photos, iMessages, and text (SMS) and multimedia (MMS) messages
  • Face ID or Touch ID settings
  • Apple Pay information and settings
  • Apple Mail data
  • Apple Music

Sep 12, 2021 3:53 AM in response to reland211

I am having this same problem. I had even taken my phones to a cell phone tech store to have them do the transfer. They sent me home with over half my apps still loading, with the same reasoning as this answer, but it’s been a whole day and no progress. I even paused the download on all but one app, but zero progress even on that one app after 8 hours.

New iPhone transfer data but apps are not finishing load

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.