Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Emails printing with VERY small font

Per https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250120475?answerId=250218419022#250218419022, if your email font is easy to read on the computer but prints out very small and you want it to print out larger, when the email is open in Apple Mail, hold down the Command key and tap the plus sign (+) only once. This enlarges the email font size for printing purposes. Tap the plus sign again and again if you want the font to be even larger. (usually needs at least 3)

After printing, when that email is closed, the font will return to its original size.

I have two questions:

How does one enlarge the text of the header (To, From subject, date), which does not enlarge like the rest of the text?

When is Appple going to fix this ridiculous email problem - it has been an issue for years? Surely it is an embarrassment to Apple that their email app is so pathetic?

Mac Pro

Posted on Jul 31, 2021 3:53 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jul 31, 2021 5:33 AM in response to Guern2020

Guern2020 wrote:

How does one enlarge the text of the header (To, From subject, date), which does not enlarge like the rest of the text?

You can change the sizes of the header fonts in Mail > Preferences > Fonts & Colors. If you just want to change the size of the printout, you can change the scale in the print dialog.

When is Appple going to fix this ridiculous email problem - it has been an issue for years? Surely it is an embarrassment to Apple that their email app is so pathetic?

I can assure you that the font size doesn't matter. No one is ever going to read it.

Aug 2, 2021 8:09 AM in response to Guern2020

Thank you P. Phillips

I have submitted feedback to Apple. So have lots of other people. But Apple never do anything. Hopefully someone from Apple will read it here, though.

Thank you etresoft

In my Apple Mail preferences, font is set to size 12 Times New Roman, but Apple Mail ignores it and prints about size 6, both for the header and the body.

I can press Cmd+ to increase the printed text size of the email body, but it has no effect on the email header font size.

In every other program on the Mac size 12 Times New Roman works perfectly.

Does anyone know why Apple mail is different?

"If you just want to change the size of the printout, you can change the scale in the print dialog." is not a workable solution - it enlarges the text but makes the text and any graphics run off the right of the page, and does not wrap around.

I don't know what you mean by "I can assure you that the font size doesn't matter. No one is ever going to read it." I want to read it, and, as far as I am concerned, the font size should be what I tell it to be when I set the preferences.

Cheers

Guern

Apple Emails printing with VERY small font

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.