You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless Charger doesn't seem to be working

I have an iPhone 12 Pro as well as an apple wireless charger. When using the wireless charging pad my phone connects and reads as charging but it does not seem to be charging at all. The phone will also get very hot fairly quickly after placing on the charger. I got an alert that my phone was dying while on the charger and reading as it was the charger.

Any ideas as to whether or not this is my phone or the wireless charger?

P.S. normal charger works perfectly fine, and the phone either has no case or is in the apple silicone case.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 31, 2021 4:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2021 5:48 PM

Based on what you provided, I suspect that the culprit is the wireless charger. I suggest that you pay a visit to your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to have them take a look and provide you with your option. Alternatively, you can contact Apple Support directly by using the "Get Support" link in the upper right-hand side of this forum's web page.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 31, 2021 5:48 PM in response to symone81

Based on what you provided, I suspect that the culprit is the wireless charger. I suggest that you pay a visit to your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to have them take a look and provide you with your option. Alternatively, you can contact Apple Support directly by using the "Get Support" link in the upper right-hand side of this forum's web page.

Wireless Charger doesn't seem to be working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.