Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud

Is there a way to delete photos on my iPhone but keep them on iCloud? I’m paying $9.99 a month.

Posted on Jul 31, 2021 5:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2021 5:29 PM

I'm assuming that you are using iCloud Photos ... correct? Is your goal to reduce the amount of photo storage used on your iPhone? One option, instead of what you are proposing, is to use the "Optimize Storage" option on your iPhone which will automatically manage the photo library on the phone.

Ref:

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2021 5:29 PM in response to Brick Graham

I'm assuming that you are using iCloud Photos ... correct? Is your goal to reduce the amount of photo storage used on your iPhone? One option, instead of what you are proposing, is to use the "Optimize Storage" option on your iPhone which will automatically manage the photo library on the phone.

Ref:

Jul 31, 2021 5:41 PM in response to Brick Graham

iCloud Photo is basically a photo syncing service. The second article I provided you covers the basics. The only method to remove photos on your phone without affecting what is on your iCloud drive is to first log out of iCloud on your phone, and then, delete those photos. The only issue will be once you log back in, the lower resolution versions will be synced back to your phone.

iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.