Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Newsroom Update

Apple and Major League Baseball announce July “Friday Night Baseball” schedule. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

payment method

I have my payment method set up and have been using it for about 8 years. My apple Tv told me to update my payment for itunes (today) and I did but it still says I need to set it up? I can't rent movies

Posted on Jul 31, 2021 5:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2021 6:49 PM

Verify the expiry dates of any cards that you may have added. Use cards with an expiry date in the future.

Verify if cards have their CVC security code filled in. That may have been optional in the past, but mandatory in the present.

If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

would give indication on why a given payment method was deemed unsuitable.

If the reasons keep being elusive, then contact Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2021 6:49 PM in response to Dastws

Verify the expiry dates of any cards that you may have added. Use cards with an expiry date in the future.

Verify if cards have their CVC security code filled in. That may have been optional in the past, but mandatory in the present.

If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

would give indication on why a given payment method was deemed unsuitable.

If the reasons keep being elusive, then contact Apple Support.

payment method

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.