Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I was notified that someone has hacked my phone Not sure if the notice is legitimate

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 1, 2021 6:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2021 6:39 AM

Indeed never follow links, instructions or telephone calls in unexpected emails. popups, messages or phone calls. The scam you've seen and others like it are very common. No-one can detect remotetly whether you have malware on your device (which you won't do unless you've been downloading from dubious sites). You may see emails or get calls allegedly from Apple saying younhave a payment problem or sijilar: Apple will never contact you out of the blue: if they have to lock your account for security reasons they won't tell you: they will wait for you to find out and contact them, that way you know who you're talking to.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2021 6:39 AM in response to hfunk

Indeed never follow links, instructions or telephone calls in unexpected emails. popups, messages or phone calls. The scam you've seen and others like it are very common. No-one can detect remotetly whether you have malware on your device (which you won't do unless you've been downloading from dubious sites). You may see emails or get calls allegedly from Apple saying younhave a payment problem or sijilar: Apple will never contact you out of the blue: if they have to lock your account for security reasons they won't tell you: they will wait for you to find out and contact them, that way you know who you're talking to.

I was notified that someone has hacked my phone Not sure if the notice is legitimate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.