Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my sound not working on mac

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 1, 2021 6:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2021 7:25 AM

Go step by step and test.

1. Reset PRAM:  Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Settings that can be stored in NVRAM include sound volume, display resolution, startup-disk selection, time zone, 

and recent kernel panic information. 

The settings stored in NVRAM  depend on your Mac and the devices that you're using with your Mac.

2. Reset  SMC:   How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support   Choose the appropriate method.

Quote:

Resetting the system management controller (SMC) can resolve certain issues related to power, battery, fans,

and other features.

3. If the internal speakers on your Mac aren't working

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2021 7:25 AM in response to Jasminetimo1

Go step by step and test.

1. Reset PRAM:  Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Settings that can be stored in NVRAM include sound volume, display resolution, startup-disk selection, time zone, 

and recent kernel panic information. 

The settings stored in NVRAM  depend on your Mac and the devices that you're using with your Mac.

2. Reset  SMC:   How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support   Choose the appropriate method.

Quote:

Resetting the system management controller (SMC) can resolve certain issues related to power, battery, fans,

and other features.

3. If the internal speakers on your Mac aren't working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.