Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

battery health issue

my iphone XR charged with 20 watt apple charger ,I buy this model last two month before , I started using this phone only two month ,bettery health decreases randomly ,now 98 % ,what can i do?

can i use 5 watt?

Posted on Aug 1, 2021 10:06 AM

2 replies

Aug 1, 2021 10:14 AM in response to jubayer129

You can stop worrying about something which is normal and completely expected. Generally, one can count on about 1% drop in Battery Health per month. You need to understand that batteries are consumable parts, which with every full cycle charge, lose their ability to hold the same charge as new, little by little. This is what batteries do. ALL BATTERIES.

There is no way to stop batteries from declining. There are things you should do to maximize their performance, such as:

1. Never let the battery completely discharge
  2. Don't let the battery go below 20%
  3. Do, turn on Optimized Battery Charging in Settings > Battery > Battery Health
  4. Do, plug your phone in to charge when you go to bed at night and leave it charging all night, every night
  5. And finally, read this link --> Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

Now, stop fretting over something, which is normal.

battery health issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.