Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mysql install on mbp apple m1 chip

I downloaded the MySQL Community Server 8.0.26 for the MBP with the Apple M1 chip

(mysql-8.0.26-macos11-arm64.dmg)

When I run the installer it "stops responding" and I have to force quit it. The x86 version install works fine but my MBP can't seem to use it.

How do I get MySQL Community Server 8.0.26 for the MBP with the Apple M1 chip to work?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 3:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 4:13 AM

Contact the MySQL developer for assistance, and/or an updated version that may work. Determine if their arm64 build was tested with Big Sur 11.4 and later, or if there are earlier Big Sur version constraints.

5 replies

Aug 2, 2021 11:28 AM in response to captainCaracas

These are fellow user-supported public communities, and Apple's product development teams do not participate here. Yes, one of our peers may have successfully installed the arm64 version of MySQL 8.0.26, but you might be waiting longer for them to see this post, or decide if they will respond, than waiting for MySQL to reply. Time will tell…

Aug 4, 2021 11:10 AM in response to VikingOSX

I got my answer from MySQL, "We can't help you because you are not subscribed to the help desk." It costs a minimum of $2000 to buy that privilege! That's want it would cost me to report a bug in an Open Source application. You got to love Oracle!

I kept on searching and found the MySQL bug database

https://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=104439

They are working on it.

mysql install on mbp apple m1 chip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.