Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing attempted update from MacBook

When I tried to update my MacBook Air macOSMojave to Big Sur it said i did not have enough space. What do I do now? I do not want Big Sir, just keep my mac as is. Do I have to remove any uploads from trying to update it that may be taking space on my Mac now? I would appreciate anyones help. I am not computer savvy.

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 5:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 7:41 AM

Go to Apple menu -> About This Mac. If it says you are running Mojave, you just have to remove the installer from the Applications folder.

If it says you are running Catalina or Big Sur, do not open Photos, or iTunes, as your libraries will be rendered incompatible with Mojave.

Is your data backed up from prior to the upgrade attempt?

Is your hard drive over 85% full?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2021 7:41 AM in response to biebz1

Go to Apple menu -> About This Mac. If it says you are running Mojave, you just have to remove the installer from the Applications folder.

If it says you are running Catalina or Big Sur, do not open Photos, or iTunes, as your libraries will be rendered incompatible with Mojave.

Is your data backed up from prior to the upgrade attempt?

Is your hard drive over 85% full?

Removing attempted update from MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.