Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Security and Integrity

The symptom described below has been the same for several of the latest OS versions. Currently I am running MacOS Big Sur version 11.5.1.

My problem is the several of the options under "System Settings > Security and Integrity" are empty, e.g. "Full disc access", "Screen recording" and "Help Support".

Since I am running a Swedish version, I am not sure that I have translated the items above correctly, but I hope you understand my problem anyway.

Any ideas?

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 7:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 7:09 AM

paggen wrote:

The symptom described below has been the same for several of the latest OS versions. Currently I am running MacOS Big Sur version 11.5.1.

My problem is the several of the options under "System Settings > Security and Integrity" are empty, e.g. "Full disc access", "Screen recording" and "Help Support".

Since I am running a Swedish version, I am not sure that I have translated the items above correctly, but I hope you understand my problem anyway.

Any ideas?

Change Security & Privacy General preferences on Mac ...

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2021 7:09 AM in response to paggen

paggen wrote:

Any ideas?

Change Security & Privacy General preferences on Mac ...

Aug 2, 2021 9:41 AM in response to paggen

paggen wrote:

When I open it, the right side is empty. So is the same for Accessibility and Screen Recording. If I anyway click on the plus sign, a window pops up. If I browse to an application and select it, I get a question if it is ok to close and reopen the application . If I select YES, the application closes down and reopens, but nothing more happens. The right side is still empty.
E.g. I wanted to give Norton 360 full disc access, but failed. I expected to see at least the Norton 360 application in the right sida, but there is nothing.

Well believe it or not this is a saving grace...

Third party AV is not recommended— it typically does nothing but add issues to the macOS and competes directly with Apples own built in security.

macOS - Security - Apple  https://www.apple.com/macos/security/

Apple Platform Security - Apple https://support.apple.com/guide/security/welcome/web

I think you dodged a bullet here—

These forums contain 100's/1000's of post asking for help after third party AV was installed....

If you are having some other issues, that make you think you need Norton, please clarify those issues.

Aug 2, 2021 8:58 AM in response to leroydouglas

When I open it, the right side is empty. So is the same for Accessibility and Screen Recording. If I anyway click on the plus sign, a window pops up. If I browse to an application and select it, I get a question if it is ok to close and reopen the application . If I select YES, the application closes down and reopens, but nothing more happens. The right side is still empty.

E.g. I wanted to give Norton 360 full disc access, but failed. I expected to see at least the Norton 360 application in the right sida, but there is nothing.

MacOS Security and Integrity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.