Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone is disabled connect to iTunes - FIX without losing data ?

my IPhoneXS screen is showing " iphone is disabled connect to iTunes" , my son enter password too many time and now this error appear, I have my Apple ID on same phone and everything else under my name how I can fix it to get back, I dont want to lose my data. I dont have much of backup.

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 7:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 7:22 AM

Sorry, but without a recent backup, the only method to regain access to this iPhone is to restore it ... which will completely erase it.

Ref: If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Suppor

5 replies

Aug 2, 2021 7:33 AM in response to syedpeerbaba

When your iPhone was disabled, it became Activation Locked. That is Apple's anti-theft measure. Nothing sad about that. What is sad, is that you didn't maintain regular backups ... especially if the data on the phone is critical to you. This is something you need to consider seriously going forward.

You can certainly go to an Apple Store, and they should be able to unlock your phone (be sure to bring a proof of purchase with you) BUT, again, they will not be able to restore your phone without erasing it.

Aug 2, 2021 9:55 AM in response to Tesserax

Thanks,

but what ever anti theft measure it doesnt mean then owner can't access , its quite simple there should be option to retrieve with Apple ID, or two verification or even at store with IDs or something its simple thing nothing complicatied,

if apple can't unlock without losing data what's point to go there rest I can do myself also simple through finder on Mac.

iphone is disabled connect to iTunes - FIX without losing data ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.