Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i turn off find my iphone on an old device

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 3:37 PM

If you do the following procedure, it will turn off Find My iPhone as well as do the other things necessary to completely clear the phone: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you only want to turn off Find My iPhone (but still leave it linked to the Apple ID account and not erase any other data), that is at Settings > [username] > Find My.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2021 3:37 PM in response to nurseinneed_190

If you do the following procedure, it will turn off Find My iPhone as well as do the other things necessary to completely clear the phone: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you only want to turn off Find My iPhone (but still leave it linked to the Apple ID account and not erase any other data), that is at Settings > [username] > Find My.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.