Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac mini 2012 seems to not work with my HPw2207h monitor

I plug the mini and monitor via hdmi than the monitor turns itself off. Mini works hdmi with other electronics such as tv but it does not work with my HP monitor.

I would really like to know the fix to this

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 4:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 2:57 PM

Hi tio208,

Thank you for your follow up. As long as either the Mac mini or external monitor has the VGA connection, it should work.

When connecting your monitor with the HDMI cable, you can also try to Start up your Mac in safe mode and see if the same thing happens. You might also want to create a new user and test there as well so that you know for sure if it is the connection, cable or something else. Learn how to Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac here. 

Cheers!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2021 2:57 PM in response to tio208

Hi tio208,

Thank you for your follow up. As long as either the Mac mini or external monitor has the VGA connection, it should work.

When connecting your monitor with the HDMI cable, you can also try to Start up your Mac in safe mode and see if the same thing happens. You might also want to create a new user and test there as well so that you know for sure if it is the connection, cable or something else. Learn how to Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac here. 

Cheers!

Aug 3, 2021 11:03 AM in response to tio208

Hi tio208,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

We are happy to help with the issue you are having with your monitor shutting down when connected to your Mac mini. Get details about how to Connect a display to your Mac here. You might want to try a different cable or try testing the monitor with another computer.

You should also verify with the monitor manufacturer that it is compatible with your Mac mini and the OS version it is currently running.

Cheers!

My Mac mini 2012 seems to not work with my HPw2207h monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.