Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A problem was detected with true depth camera Face ID has been disabled.

Face ID is disabled. Not working after update

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 12:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 3:53 AM

You should get the device checked by visiting an authorized Apple Service Provider or Apple Store next to your place.

Use this link to find one:

Apple - Find Locations

Or check this Apple page for more info, if you choose to send it to Apple:

Apple - Support - iPhone Repair and Service

8 replies

Aug 3, 2021 1:45 AM in response to wajy

Did you use your computer to set your phone back to factory settings, without using the latest backup and test FaceID after that ?

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to factory settings

If you still can't enroll your face or unlock your device with Face ID, take your device to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider, or contact Apple Support about your iPhone.

Sep 14, 2021 10:32 AM in response to 6x6

I think this issue is most definitely caused by the update. I spoke to an Apple representative today and was told to take my phone into an Apple store for repair, but she admitted that this is an issue they are aware of and suggested that I check back to see if a software update or repair program will fix it for free.

i think I’ll wait a few weeks to see if that happens before I shell out $$$ to have it fixed.

A problem was detected with true depth camera Face ID has been disabled.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.