Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp and Windows 10 - speakers and headphone jack stopped working

I have a 2019 iMac on which I run Windows 10 via Bootcamp since buying the iMac. Yesterday the internal speakers, headphone jack and microphone stopped working. They work fine when running Mac OS, also in Windows when I plug in a USB headset that works.

I am running 11.5.1, Bootcamp 6.1. As per Apple's support site, I have downloaded Windows Support Software, but when I run it in Windows it hangs with an error message - Error BootCamp Service.exe

Speaking to Apple support they first tried passing it off as a Windows problem, when I pointed out it must be a recognised problem as there is an Apple website where the issue is mentioned - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204923 But they could not help me beyond suggesting a reinstall of the Windows partition. Has anyone else had this issue with BootCamp 6.1 and resolved it? In the downloaded drivers with Windows Support Software there does not seem to be any audio drivers I can manually force an update with. I do notice that Windows stopped recognising the internal speaker as Cirrus and now is "High Definition Audio Device" I had an old version of BootCamp (5.xx) which had Cirrus drivers but Windows won't let me use these to update it's audio drives.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 4:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 5:11 AM

Download and install Windows support software on your Mac – Apple Support (UK) and look in $WinPEDriver$ for Cirrus drivers.

Similar questions

7 replies

Sep 2, 2021 3:51 AM in response to martin191

RESOLVED

After hours and hours of trying I solved it, I personally carried out these operations:

- Total backup with Acronis (Windows side)

- Total backup with TimeMachine (Mac side)

- BootCamp partition cloning with Winclone (Mac side)

Deleted BootCamp partition via wizard, re-created (blank) partition and verified audio was working again.

At that point I went to check which were the default audio drivers and for mine:

(MBP 15 "with TouchBar mid-2017 Model A1707) are i

Cirrus Logic CS840999 (AB 57)

After I went back to the mac partition and through Winclone I restored the image created previously so I did not lose any data and found myself the same windows installation without having to reinstall everything.

So in the end I can tell you that for MBP mid-2017 Model A1707 the correct drivers are Cirrus Logic CS840999 (AB 57)

Available in NON COMPATIBLE drivers.

I hope I have helped you.

Pic1

Pic.2

Aug 3, 2021 6:49 AM in response to Loner T

Hi Loner T

Thanks alot, I have resolved the issue now.

Yes I updated Windows 10 on Sunday, not automatic updates thought I was safe......

I have managed to resolve the issue, a little long winded but here ishow -

In device manager under audio had generic speakers and headphone.

click through properies and then settrings to see driver.

Then update driver,

browse my computer option,

let me pick from a list of avialble drivers.

UNCLICK "show compatible hardware"

Now gives a list of manufacturers.

Find Cirrus Logic.

Then choose Cirrus Logic CS4208 as model.

Hit I have a disk, browse to the Cirrus software within " Windows Support Software" $WinPEDrivers$ find the setup info file.

Click next and worked for me.

Bootcamp and Windows 10 - speakers and headphone jack stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.