Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook bug after 11.5 and 11.5.1 update

I have a 4 month old Macbook pro m1 which started to have 2 bugs after I update it to 11.5 update. when I press the caps lock key it lags my mac for like a second the mouse pointer the screen and even audio if I have a music playing I know this is not a hardware issue because when I restart my mac the caps lock works just fine for some time and only starts lagging after a couple hour of use and I have cleaned my keyboard in case its caused by dust. The second bug is that screenshot takes a second to happen it used to be almost instantaneous but now it take 1-2 second to happen. These started after 11.5 macOS Big Sur update. apple then released 11.5.1 update which i thought would fix it but it didn't. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a way to fix it?

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2021 1:07 PM

Hey, I've been facing the same issue ever since I upgraded to 11.5.1. A couple of days ago the glitch made my system automatically restart and today the left speaker just stopped working for a few seconds. For me, it's only caps lock + audio glitch and an occasional video glitch. Restarting it makes everything okay though and the issue only pops up after my MacBook has been running for 24hrs or so. Were you able to resolve your issue?

16 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2021 1:07 PM in response to abhi1000

Hey, I've been facing the same issue ever since I upgraded to 11.5.1. A couple of days ago the glitch made my system automatically restart and today the left speaker just stopped working for a few seconds. For me, it's only caps lock + audio glitch and an occasional video glitch. Restarting it makes everything okay though and the issue only pops up after my MacBook has been running for 24hrs or so. Were you able to resolve your issue?

Aug 3, 2021 9:57 AM in response to abhi1000

abhi1000 wrote:

I have a 4 month old Macbook pro m1 which started to have 2 bugs after I update it to 11.5 update. when I press the caps lock key it lags my mac for like a second the mouse pointer the screen and even audio if I have a music playing I know this is not a hardware issue because when I restart my mac the caps lock works just fine for some time and only starts lagging after a couple hour of use and I have cleaned my keyboard in case its caused by dust. The second bug is that screenshot takes a second to happen it used to be almost instantaneous but now it take 1-2 second to happen. These started after 11.5 macOS Big Sur update. apple then released 11.5.1 update which i thought would fix it but it didn't. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a way to fix it?

To get a good look at your System config. and reveal conflicts or issues, you can download/run this trusted utility https://etrecheck.com

If you need help interpreting the report you can post it here in its entirety in the "Additional Text" box in the editing toolbar below, in your reply.

Aug 3, 2021 9:07 AM in response to abhi1000

Do you have your Desktop and Documents in iCloud? That would explain why screenshots take a little - they have to be uploaded to iCloud.

By the way, a lot of people have Documents and Desktop in iCloud and don't seem to be aware of it.

The caps lock issue I am not familiar with. There could be some third party software that is misbehaving. Impossible to tell without more information. Please run Etrecheck and post its full report here. Use the "additional text" button and paste the report into the text box.

Aug 20, 2021 1:34 AM in response to abhi1000

Two things of note in the report:

a) Spotlight was using a lot of cpu

b) accountsd was crashing

Since this was several days ago, have there been any changes?

From the report I would suggest first resetting Spotlight. If the issue persists then it may help to rebuild the account. If you want to try that we can give you detailed instructions.

Sep 29, 2021 2:11 PM in response to abhi1000

i was also having this issue as well. brand new macbook, and ive only had it for a couple of months, and whenever i click the capslock it lags my entire computer and the audio sounds glitchy. not sure what the issue is. i tried contacting apple support several times about it and they were of no help. i tried updating my computer as well but i have noticed once in a while i will still have the same issue. at the time i tried googling to see if anyone else was having the same issue but could not find anything about it. do you have any other recommendations?

Macbook bug after 11.5 and 11.5.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.