Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Personal Hotspot not working

My iphone 6 personal hotspot feature was working correctly to connect my ipad to the internet. I was on the EE network. But now I have just transferred to Vodafone it does not work. The ipad connects to the iphone hotspot but says there is no internet connection, although the internet is working OK on the iphone. I have contacted the phone company but they say they cannot fix it and it is a problem with the iphone. Anyone any ideas?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 9:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 10:44 AM

Richardgpb wrote:

No it was working OK with EE

Then the issue is clearly with Vodafone and not your iphone, as hotspot is a phone carrier feature.

Your line will need to be provisioned by them to use it on your device.

3 replies

Aug 3, 2021 9:17 AM in response to Richardgpb

Richardgpb wrote:

My iphone 6 personal hotspot feature was working correctly to connect my ipad to the internet. I was on the EE network. But now I have just transferred to Vodafone it does not work. The ipad connects to the iphone hotspot but says there is no internet connection, although the internet is working OK on the iphone. I have contacted the phone company but they say they cannot fix it and it is a problem with the iphone. Anyone any ideas?

Did you have any issue when you we're with EE?

Personal Hotspot not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.