Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emails I was dragging to a newly created folder have disappeared

I just selected about 6 or so emails and was dragging them to a newly created folder so that I could quickly review them and take action as needed. As I dragged them to the folder, it showed a red symbol. I assumed that meant it was not going to copy them to that folder and was prepared to find out why. However, not only did it not copy the emails to the new folder, they are now gone. They are not in ANY folder. I searched by a common word, and they are no where to be found. Help! Please, please, please!!

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 8:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 7:00 PM

Hi Mrclmomx2,

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Wondering if the 6 or so e-mails are now in a folder called Trash or Bin. in the sidebar.

If they were mistakenly deleted, that's where one can expect they will be, (as most of us allow 30 days in Settings)..

If not:

Might be worth looking in nearby folders, as sometimes they can slip into the wrong folder quite easily.

Strange that the search function did not uncover the emails.

The search function has seemed to work a little differently in macOS Big Sur.

Search for emails in Mail on Mac

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/mail/mlhlp1003/mac

If that ever happens again:

One can immediately press "Command and Z" to reverse the last action and replace the e-mails back where they were.

(Only works if done immediately ie: before other actions).

Hope something here will help.

All the best :)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2021 7:00 PM in response to Mrclmomx2

Hi Mrclmomx2,

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Wondering if the 6 or so e-mails are now in a folder called Trash or Bin. in the sidebar.

If they were mistakenly deleted, that's where one can expect they will be, (as most of us allow 30 days in Settings)..

If not:

Might be worth looking in nearby folders, as sometimes they can slip into the wrong folder quite easily.

Strange that the search function did not uncover the emails.

The search function has seemed to work a little differently in macOS Big Sur.

Search for emails in Mail on Mac

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/mail/mlhlp1003/mac

If that ever happens again:

One can immediately press "Command and Z" to reverse the last action and replace the e-mails back where they were.

(Only works if done immediately ie: before other actions).

Hope something here will help.

All the best :)

Emails I was dragging to a newly created folder have disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.