Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need help deleting photos and videos from my iCloud storage

how do I delete photos and videos to free space on my iCloud back up

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 1:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 1:53 PM

For an intro to one common bit of confusion that can arise here, see ➡️ What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

Deleting photos from iCloud Photos deletes those photos everywhere. Across all devices using that Apple ID and iCloud Photos. Everywhere.

Deleting stuff from iCloud will not alter the amount of storage available on an iPhone with too little local storage.

iCloud Storage can be managed, and can be increased to 2 TB.

Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

iPhone local storage cannot be increased. Your options there are to delete local data, or to transfer local data elsewhere, or to replace the iPhone with one with more storage. iCloud provides a handy place to offload local data.

Before deleting, consider creating a backup of the iCloud data ➡️ Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2021 1:53 PM in response to holdmyhand

For an intro to one common bit of confusion that can arise here, see ➡️ What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

Deleting photos from iCloud Photos deletes those photos everywhere. Across all devices using that Apple ID and iCloud Photos. Everywhere.

Deleting stuff from iCloud will not alter the amount of storage available on an iPhone with too little local storage.

iCloud Storage can be managed, and can be increased to 2 TB.

Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

iPhone local storage cannot be increased. Your options there are to delete local data, or to transfer local data elsewhere, or to replace the iPhone with one with more storage. iCloud provides a handy place to offload local data.

Before deleting, consider creating a backup of the iCloud data ➡️ Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

I need help deleting photos and videos from my iCloud storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.